I recently was nominated by not only one…but 2 amazing educators for the Sunshine Award! Thanks @aimeegbartis (aka Aimee Bartis) and @mmiller7571 (aka Melinda Miller) for the recognition. So here are the rules:
The Sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger and then, in turn, I will send sunshine to the way of 11 amazing bloggers for you to get to know! Here are the rules for the Sunshine Award:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger (Check!).
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Those are the rules! Since I have two different nominations I will be answering two different sets of questions, so here we go:
11 random facts about me
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ!
- I’m the oldest on my side of the family and act like it too.
- I love to bake and look for opportunities to share my recipes with others.
- Before I got into teaching, I wanted a job in technology (another love of mine). I wanted to become a Systems Analyst.
- My favorite downtime activity is playing video games or watching movies.
- My favorite magazine is Food Network Magazine.
- My favorite YouTube Channels include Woodland Bakery, TechnoBuffalo, and Sorted Food.
- My favorite place to visit is the Ocracoke Island, North Carolina.
- I’m a huge Chocolate addict! The more chocolate, the better.
- I have an intense fear of snakes.
- Christmas is the best time of the year! It’s a great time to try new recipes and eat good food. Besides I love being around family and creating memories with my kids.
Questions from Aimee
- Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? It depends on what I’m looking for. Sometimes paying the shipping and handling fee is worth it. But generally I like shopping in stores.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Six… Three pairs for work, one casual, one for working around the house because they can get dirty, and one for running … I need to use these more often 🙂
- What is your favorite type of music? Christian
- Cats or Dogs? Dogs
- What is your typical bedtime? About 10:00pm
- Favorite twitter chat? #txed and #rcisdchat
- Democrat/Republican/Other? Loaded question …. Other
- Best place you ever vacationed? Ocracoke Island, NC – love this place!
- Best book you’ve read in 2013? Passion Driven Classrooms by Anglea Maiers
- Favorite television show when you were growing up? The Cosby Show
- What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of? I’m currently holding a 4.0 in my doctoral coursework! I can’t believe it!
Questions from Melinda
- How many apps do you have on your phone? On my iPhone, I have 38 not including the standard ones… Twitter, Vine, Instagram, Plants vs Zombies 2, Starbucks, Foodspotting, Symbaloo, and others. I only have a 16GB iPhone so I’m constantly thinking about the space and keep apps I use frequently here. However on my iPad I have 94 apps including the iWork and iLife apps, some cooking apps like Panna, Epicurious, and my Food Network magazine, and games like Infinity Blade III.
- Favorite app and why? Currently Plants vs Zombies 2
- How many songs in your iTunes library? All Christmas songs for this time of the year… 195
- Ice cream or french fries? Easy… Ice cream! I have a big sweet tooth
- Favorite children’s book? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory… Again I love those sweets!
- What organization would you volunteer for and why? Any place where I can cook in a kitchen… I love baking! Does church count?!?
- Who was your favorite teacher? Why? The wonderful teachers at Emmaus Bible College – they developed a strong relationship with me … I did a lot of growing up there!
- Coffee or soda? Coffee, coffee, coffee!
- Favorite social media platform? Twitter… It’s so simple to use and all my friends are there!
- Indoor or outdoor activities? Indoor, please…. I prefer temperature controlled environments
- Drive through or dine in? Dine in when I can afford it… LOL!
Okay…so it’s my turn to nominate 11 others. This was a difficult list to put together because I would love add several others:
- @ipadsammy (aka Jon Samuelson)
- @classroom_tech (aka Greg Garner)
- @LeadEdTech (aka Simon Miller)
- @ugafrank (aka Drew Frank)
- @tbbrwn (aka Toby Brown)
- @posickj (aka Jay Posick)
- @friEdTechnology (aka Amy Mayer)
- @Stuartburt (aka Stuart E. Burt II)
- @EdTechSandyK (aka Sandy Kendell)
- @jackson_carrie (aka Carrie Jackson)
- @woscholar (aka Scott Floyd)
Regardless if you don’t all participate, I have enjoyed getting to know these individuals via Twitter and I learn a lot from each of them.